Golden Flower Shinwa Katana
- Each Shinwa sword is a functional work of art
- Keenly sharp 28” 1045 carbon steel blade
- Handle has black cord-wrap; gold menuki
- Black and gold metal tsuba; brass habaki
- Black wooden scabbard has gold accents
- Overall length: 40 1/2”
Shinwa swords are made by hand using traditional methods in the ancient sword-making township of Lonquan and each is hand forged at temperatures of up to 1,100 °F and continuously heated, folded, hammered and shaped before being oil quenched and then straightened. This gives you the legendary Shinwa 1045 carbon steel blade. Our Golden Flower Shinwa Katana features a cast metal black tsuba that has a raised golden flower design. The bright gold menuki traditionally wrapped into the wooden handle with black cord is a very eye-catching decoration that gives this katana its custom look and feel. The black lacquered hardwood scabbard with its gold tri-petal flower accents is the perfect finishing touch and it houses the 28" blade in style.