This stunning layered blade demands attention!
Hand folded and carefully shaped, no two swords are exactly the same. Over 1000 layers ripple across the sharp, hand honed blade. Attractive and well balanced, we can't stop admiring this katana blade. The photos do not do the blade justice! We are especially drawn to the unique layer patterns within the blood groove.
Featuring steel tsuba and fittings with a two tone finish, full tang construction, real ray skin and dual bamboo pegs. Well suited to be the center of your katana collection, this sword comes ready for cutting use right out of the box.
- Full tang, fully functional, and "battle ready."
- Quality workmanship and attention to detail.
- Traditional hand forge Muku-kitae method.
- The blade is folded 10 times, tempered, and lightly bathed in acid to make the layers easier to observe.
- Real ray skin wrapped grip with black cotton cord wrap.
- Hardwood scabbard with high quality piano paint finish.
- 28 in. edge, 11 in. handle, 40 in. overall.
For more than 2600 years, the "City of Treasure Sword", Longquan, is known for making the best swords in the world. Located within the border of South Zhejiang, and under the Fengyang Mountain, Longquan is rich in resources which are ideal for crafting swords.
During the period of Warring States (770-476 B.C.), a famous sword maker named Ou Yezi created the most renowned sword in Longquan. Since then, the secret arts of crafting swords have been passed down from generation to generation.
Masahiro swords are hand forged by master craftsmen with years of experience from Longquan. These master sword smiths combine modern knowledge with traditional secrets to produce superior quality swords known for their durability, sharpness, and exquisite craftsmanship.
Click here for more Masahiro swords.
This is a True Swords Featured Full Tang product listing.