Musha - Mother of Pearl - Dragon Tanto
In Stock: NO
Expected Arrival: 12/10/2014
Product Is Temporarily Unavailable For Purchase
Scroll for more photos! - Limited USA Supply
Part of our Mother of Pearl series, the Dragon Tanto has a stunning ceremonial appearance. Mother of pearl is painstakingly inlaid on both sides of the saya to form the dragon and raising sun pattern. Completely smooth, the pattern is under the glossy lacquered finish. No two tantos are the same!
Makes an excellent companion to your larger Shirasaya swords.
Although it proved hard to photograph, the mahogany red and black wood grain is very well pronounced and beautiful to behold in person. The blade comes stout, extremely sharp, and with an attractive hamon. The construction is rock solid.
Materials and Way of Forge:
- Absolutely stunning workmanship and attention to detail.
- Traditional hand forge Muku-kitae method.
- High carbon steel blade with water temper process.
- 55 HRC blade hardness.
- Extremely sharp hand honed edge.
- Completely handmade samurai tanto.
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity.
- Includes carved stone dragon ornament; can be worn around the saya.
- Hardwood case with velvet lining and black satin sword bag.
- 17 1/4 in. overall inside saya, 14 5/8 in. overall outside of saya.
- 9 in. blade measured from tip to top of collar. 5 in. handle.
Product of the Week:
Shinwa - Bamboo Stick Shirasaya Sword Was $109.99 NOW $69.98!
You won't find another functional shirasaya sword at a lower price! Compare this $69.98 Shinwa model with other brands as much as $600!!! We've dropped the price on this one because we have to make room for new swords in the warehouse. Limited quantities available!
More from TS
Printer Friendly View (opens new windows)
Our customers also recommend these products