Fast action spring assist knives give you a tactical advantage when every second counts. Quick, one handed opening with inner spring assist.
How are Spring Assist different from a Gravity Knife or Automatic Switchblade Knife?
- Dual blade edition featuring both plain and serrated edges.
- Steel handle w/ vibrant multi-tone finish.
- Modern combat karambit handle & blade design.
- Twin sharpened 440 stainless steel blades with black finish.
- In-line open lock.
- Includes pocket / boot clip.
- 8 5/8 in. overall opened, 2 1/2 in. blades (each), 5 5/8 in. closed.
Gravity or Switch Blade knives feature a button, level, or other type of switch that releases a spring pressure to automatically open the blade. On a Spring Assist knife, there is no separate button or switch. Instead, you apply pressure to part of the blade to begin the opening process. This is usually a small bump of metal which sticks out under the knife, making it fast and comfortable to use. Once you press on that part of the blade, it automatically opens and locks into place. Since the action of opening the knife is started by pressing the blade metal, instead of a button or switch, it is considered to bypass the laws which ban Switch Blade knives.