Honshu Boshin Katana - Modern Tactical Samurai / Ninja Sword - Hand Forged 1060 Carbon Steel - Full Tang, Fully Functional, Battle Ready - Black TPR, Steel Guard, Pommel, Lanyard Hole - Full Tang
- 21st century katana - legendary Japanese sword variety updated with sleek contemporary style and bold tactical appointments
- 30 3/8" full tang 1060 high carbon steel blade 1060 high carbon steel blade designed for serious, real-world use and the rigors of modern combat
- Retains sharp edge even after slicing cleanly through a cinder block or other punishing cutting challenges
- Rugged TPR handle - clean, functional design; textured no-slip grip; ergonomic contours boost comfort, reduce fatigue
- Offset elliptical guard and angled pommel with lanyard hole for tethering; both satin-finished stainless steel
- Tough wooden saya beautifully complements sword; accented with black leather sageo
- Overall length: 40 3/4" - the quintessential full-sized Japanese sword
Distinctly modern sword with an ancient soul Boshin retains legendary katana sharpness, adds state-of-the-art upgrades
The Boshin Katana epitomizes Honshu's celebrated knack for fusing tradition and innovation into masterworks of modern sword design and engineering. True to the legendary Japanese katana’s roots, the Boshin boasts a 30 3/8” full-tang blade that is simply unrivaled in sharpness and durability. Swordsmiths and scholars have long deemed the storied katana the sharpest weapon on the planet, and, fittingly, no edge on any sword, anywhere can contend with the shear cutting and cleaving clout of the Boshin’s impossibly sharp 1060 high carbon steel blade. It can literally slice through a cinder block like a hot knife through butter, suffering nary a scratch or fissure. But take one look at the Boshin and it immediately becomes clear – this is no ordinary Katana.
More "black ops" than "black tie" Boshin sheds elegant samurai robes, dons tactical duds tailored to today's warrior
Trading traditional trappings and garb for chic contemporary style and cutting-edge appointments, the innovative Boshin is undeniably a weapon for the modern era. Advanced textured TPR rubber shrouds the tsuka for an ergonomic no-slip grip you just can’t get from conventional ray skin and cord. The tsuka is crowned with an oversized polished steel kashira with handy lanyard hole, and the tsuba snubs fanciful ornamentation in favor of a pragmatic asymmetrical pointed ellipse design.
Deep blood grooves extend along the sleek, gleaming blade from the base of the tsuba to the outset of the boshi, the blade’s placid terminal curve that culminates with the stinging kissaki, or point.
"Saya" love it Sleek, tastefully clean scabbard furthers contemporary vibe
A tough black wooden saya, or scabbard, secures the razor-sharp blade. In keeping with the Boshin’s clean, functional aesthetic motif, the satiny smooth saya is largely unembellished, save the handsome black genuine leather sageo. Even among far more expensive swords, United Cutlery’s remarkably affordable Honshu Boshin Katana is sure to become the cherished focal point of your collection, admired and coveted by all who lay eyes on it.
Zen and the art of swordcraft Wielding the Boshin is nothing short of surreal
With its fierce cutting potency and sublime feel, wielding this carbon steel masterpiece is almost Zen-like and beyond description; you just have to experience it for yourself! Truly a must-have for longtime Japanese katana aficionados, beginning sword fanciers and everyone in between.
Write Your Own Review
Customer Reviews|Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5
My best swords yet!
Reviewed by on Oct 08, 2017
5 out of 5
Ready for War
Reviewed by Terrence Woodard on Aug 25, 2017
5 out of 5
Excellent modern sword.
Reviewed by on Aug 22, 2017
5 out of 5