Shrewsbury Replica Sword And Scabbard - 1065 High Carbon Steel Blade, Fig-Shaped Steel Pommel - Length 42 1/8”
In Stock - Ships Today!
Fast and Accurate Order Processing
We offer standard, 3 day express, 2 day express, and overnight express shipping options for your convenience. If you place your order Monday - Friday by 2:00 PM EST using one of our express shipping options, your order will be processed and shipped the same day it is placed!Applies to delivery within the 48 contiguous states only.
- During the height of plate armor, this narrow, sharply-pointed sword was one of the most successful in finding chinks in armor
- The 33 3/8” long, slender 1065 high carbon steel blade is double-edged and finely tapered and will flex and return to true
- The steel pommel is fig shaped and has been beautifully faceted and there are pierced crosses in the steel guard
- The 42 1/8" sword comes with a leather scabbard that has a belt stop and scalloped edges on both the throat and tip
- Ships directly from manufacturer
Circa 1400: During the height of plate armor, this narrow, sharply-pointed sword was one of the most successful in finding chinks in armor or to even “punch through” if necessary. This long slender blade is double-edged and finely tapered. Possessing enough breadth to cut, the Shrewsbury is equally strong to thrust. The original sword can be seen in the Wallace Collection. This sword has been named after the famous battlefield where Prince Hal (later Henry V of England) defeated Percy Hotspur in 1403 and is noted by the pierced crosses in the steel guard. This replica, from the master craftsmen at Windlass Steelcrafts, has been forged from 1065 high carbon steel, which has strong edge-holding capabilities and will flex and return to true. The steel pommel is fig shaped and has been beautifully faceted. The leather scabbard has a belt stop, scalloped edges on both the throat and tip plus a pierced cross at the tip.
You may also like...
OUT OF STOCK
We won't be able to ship this item until we receive more stock. But don't worry, we've found a similar item that's ready to ship now.
Expected Arrival: TBA