Sokojikara Kitsune Handmade Katana / Samurai Sword - T10 High Carbon Steel, Hand Forged, Clay Tempered - Genuine Ray Skin; Iron Tsuba - Traditional Japanese Style - Functional, Full Tang, Battle Ready
In Stock - Ships Today!
Fast and Accurate Order Processing
We offer standard, 3 day express, 2 day express, and overnight express shipping options for your convenience. If you place your order Monday - Friday by 2:00 PM EST using one of our express shipping options, your order will be processed and shipped the same day it is placed!Applies to delivery within the 48 contiguous states only.
- Traditional Japanese swordcraft at its height - painstakingly handcrafted using only the finest materials for spectacular visual allure and tremendous potency
- Full tang 28 1/3" T10 high carbon steel blade - expertly hand forged by seasoned swordsmiths using advanced techniques honed over centuries
- Centuries-old clay tempering process yields tough, impact-absorbing blade spine/body and history's sharpest edge; also produces natural hamon line
- Classic tsuka wrapped in delicately textured genuine ray skin same and tawny braided ito; traditional wooden mekugi, brass menuki
- Elegant, exquisitely detailed tsuba flawlessly cast from iron like katana of ages past; accented with delicate branch relief
- Wine-red wooden saya embellished with angular beveling and distinctive black spatter pattern; complementary sageo
- Overall length: 41" - impressively sized yet easy to wield and deft in battle
Japan's legendary swordcraft tradition lives on in Sokojikara's "Kitsune"
The Sokojikara Kitsune Katana combines traditional techniques with chic aesthetics for a sword that is truly a masterpiece of modern bladecraft. Designed with the serious swordsman in mind, the Kitsune features cutting-edge construction and sophisticated appointments typically found only in the most expensive custom-forged swords. A notable example is clay tempering, a centuries-old process unique to Japanese swordcraft and integral to the katana's longstanding reputation as the "sharpest weapon on earth."
Ancient clay tempering technique yields sharpest, most resilient edges on earth, even in modern era
Prior to the intense heat of the hardening phase, smiths coat the newly formed, unrefined blade with clay - a thin layer along the edge, thicker on the body and spine. When the blade emerges from the hardening forge, the contrasting clay layers cause the steel to cool at slightly different rates, yielding two distinct hardness regions. The edge cools faster and is harder for greater impact resistance, edge retention and strength. The body and spine cool more slowly, rendering it "tougher"- less brittle and better equipped to absorb impact energy. Clay-tempered blades are sharper and more resilient than ordinary forged blades, and the clay-tempered, T10 high carbon steel Kitsune is no exception.
Classic style, old-school appointments, but the Kitsune is far from ordinary
Beyond its extraordinary blade, the Kitsune boasts elegant aesthetic trappings, as well. These include a brass blade clip and menuki; ray skin handle wrapped in soft brown cord; and iron tsuba forged with exquisite ornamentation and a keen attention to detail. A handsome, polished wooden scabbard finished in silky red lacquer completes the masterwork.
Custom sword look, feel and ferocity without the custom sword price
Visually stunning, indeed, but don’t be fooled - the Kitsune's luxurious appointments do not detract one bit from its fierce potency as a weapon. The Kitsune is truly a pleasure to wield, and best of all, it’s affordable. Buy one for yourself, or give it as a once-in-a-lifetime gift. Either way, the Sokojikara Kitsune Katana is sure to be cherished for a lifetime and beyond - a prized family heirloom to be enjoyed for generations to come.
You may also like...
OUT OF STOCK
We won't be able to ship this item until we receive more stock. But don't worry, we've found a similar item that's ready to ship now.
Expected Arrival: TBA